Parent/Community/Staff concern & appeal procedure policy:
It is the policy of Stepping Stones Child Development Center to ensure parents/community members and staff (or hereto after referred to as "complainant") an informal/formal and/or appeal process, in which concerns will be resolved in a prompt and fair manner.
Informal Concern Procedure
- Complainant should schedule their meeting with the appropriate staff person and/or Administrator.
- Staff and/or Administrator should be readily available to complainant with concerns and schedule their meetings within five working days if request.
- Should a complainant feel uncomfortable approaching a staff person regarding a concern, complainant may approach the Administrator directly.
- A documentation letter should be completed sand presented to the Administrator for appropriate actions.
When the Informal Concern Procedure does not serve to resolve a concern, a complainant may follow the concern procedure.
Formal Concern Procedure
Complainant should compose a letter to the Administrator while adhering to the following:
- The letter shall be placed in a sealed envelope addressed to the Administrator.
- The Administrator will investigate the submitted concern within five working days.
- Complainant and/or respective staff will be given a written reply within ten working days of the receipt of the submitted form.
- Original completed documentation of the concern with resolution shall be filed in personnel records or maintained in the center office.